Would you like to use another Minecraft version for your Minecraft server? Not a problem, we explain how to do this in this article.
Watch out: you can upgrade your Minecraft version most of the time, however, a version downgrade is not possible most of the time due to the fact that items or blocks are missing!
- Turn your Minecraft server off and consider making a back-up.
- Delete the server.jar file in your Minecraft server under "Files".
- Incase of a version downgrade: delete your Minecraft worlds (world, world_nether, world_the_end). Please note that these files are gone when you delete them!
- Download the correct Minecraft version you desire. You can use the following website for Spigot, Craftbukkit, and Vanilla: https://getbukkit.org/. You can use the following link for Paper-Spigot: https://papermc.io/downloads.
- Upload the java file to your Minecraft server and rename the file to "server.jar".
- Choose the right Java version under "Start-up" - "Docker image".
- Start your Minecraft server and enjoy the new Minecraft version!